"if life gives you lemons.." A phrase/statement often followed by a typical lame joke that suggests you make lemonade with the lemons handed to you by life.

I hate it when people explain jokes after they have told them so i'm gonna do just that here. My opinion; so life is a metaphor for life and lemon is a metaphor for an unpleasant situation. What I think this is, oh so profoundly, saying is that you must make good out of a bad/unfavorable/unpleasant situation. That kinda sounds nice, doesn't it?

Let me get serious here for a bit, hear me out. I'm not saying the statement portrayed here is wrong but i don't think i agree with it. What this is saying, again in my opinion, is that we should not dwell over lost opportunities/misfortunes/whatever but we should miraculously achieve an objective... My incomplete and probably premature argument here is that if "human" doesn't do that, then how is "human" ever gonna get over that situation and move on. Isn't there time for everything?..that's a rhetorical question in case you didn't get it... that used to get me all the time.

Anyway, the joke was re modified over the years. The joke now goes a little like this: if life gives you lemon you must make tequila or something and life would be like: what? And for that i  have no argument. I just wanted to share that with the world. I guess the lesson that can be learned here is that not everyone is smart. I fall in the dumb category just in case you were wondering how I would rate myself. 

THE END
(I hope this confused you the same way it confused me. thanks for letting me waste your time.)

Comments (0)